family photo

family photo

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The snow is gone

Well, it was beautiful but is gone.
The remains of our snowmen


The mountains still have snow and that is very good.  The girls were sad to watch their snowmen slowly melt.

In my Bible reading I read 1 Chronicles 20.  David has prepared the material for the temple and has planned it as the Lord has directed.  He is not allowed to build it but has made it ready for his son Solomon.    He encourages his son "Be strong and of good courage, and do it:  fear not, nor be dismayed: for the Lord God, even my God, will be with thee;  he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou has finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord."  1Corinthian 3:16 tells us that we are the temple of God.  I think these scriptures are beautiful together.  You are the temple of the Lord, as are your offspring, so be strong and of good courage. Do what God has commissioned you, such as building up Godly offspring, don't fear, God is with you and he will not fail or forsake you.  He will finish his work.  Speaking of Courage, if you haven't seen "Courageous" I highly recommend you see.  It  is one I want to add to my library.  My husband and the girls have also enjoyed listening to the book on cd during their trip to the ski hill and recommend it also. Have a glorious day.  God Bless

Alicia

1 comment:

  1. I loved listing to courageous. Wonderful story from 1 Corinthian.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.