family photo

family photo

Friday, January 13, 2012

New Growth

Well another Friday ski/board day.  My husband and older kiddos are up on the hill, except for Alexander who is back in classes and working hard on the College's Spring production.  The little girls and I have been able to have a very relaxing day and they are in the process of having a much needed nap.   We had been outside but Cassandra needed to go potty now.  So in we went and about at the same time both girls decided to have a melt down.  It was an hour before nap time so I was a little taken back and tried to settle them to a new project but that was not working.   So, early naps it is.

While I was outside I walked around my plants, observing what is going on with them.  Plants are amazing.  One plant thrives while another one dies.  I can't seem to figure out what makes one live and another die.  It was so encouraging to see little buds on most of my plants.  How exciting to know in a few months they will flower and grow and some will produce fruit.  It reminds me of the parable of the soils.  Luke 8:4-15 tells us about a sower who went out sowing seed.  Some fell on good ground and produced and some didn't.  Maybe it is the soil of my plants that cause them to be healthy or not.  Can the soil be so different throughout my yard?  What about my family, is the soil different?  As parents we need to be trying our best to see that our children have good soil in their life.  What makes up the soil?  I believe it is, in part, how we raise them and what we allow in their lives.  God has given us new life when he gives us a baby.  We are entrusted with the major responsibility of sowing the seed (which is the word of God, Luke 8:11) in their hearts.  Let us do our best to not only sow the seed  but also to nourish their hearts and remove rocks, and weeds from their lives that will choke or prevent the seed from proper growth.  Parents, grandparents, siblings, family and friends, let us protect our children from the influences of this world which are of the devil.  When the word of God is sown on the good ground, which is an honest and good heart, having heard the word, may they keep it, and may they bring forth fruit with patience.  (Luke 8:15)  Have a great day and God bless.

Look for the bud, the hope of new growth.

Buds on my apple tree, the hope of new fruit.

our little puppy

my sleeping beauty.
Alicia

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.