family photo

family photo

Monday, January 30, 2012

Pine wood Derby

What a fun little weekend.  I am blessed to have such help in my life.  David, Alex and Latisha went to snow camp this weekend.  So, I was at home with the girls which I enjoy, but there were activities here also.  The pine wood derby was this weekend and because David was going to be gone I decided not to have the girls participate.  At the last moment I saw there was a work day at the church Friday night so I thought, I can do this, the girls really wanted to race.  David suggested I ask his step dad, Bill, for help.  I'm so glad I did.  Not only did their cars turn out great but Bill also took them too and from the work night and got the cars already for the race.  Then Saturday morning was junior Bible quiz team.  It hit me as the moms were dropping off their girls for Bright Lights the other week that all my drivers were going to be gone during the quiz match and I would need to pack up the little ones so Sierra and Danika would make their match.  One of the moms quickly volunteered to take the girls to and from the match and so I had nothing to worry about.  What a blessing.  Yes, I could have done it but I felt so blessed that others could help.  The quiz match went great and the girls did well.  Then the Derby was so much fun the next day.  Cassandra was so excited to be in her first race.  She didn't place but received one of the prizes for best looking.  Her first trophy.  Sierra's car did well and Danika took 2nd.  Last year Danika set a new track record but second place in her division is still good.  Thank you Lord for your blessing of great family, friends and church.  Have a great day.  God Bless

Alicia
Cassie liked her trophy

Danika got with her trophy

Grandpa with the girls

Sierra taking her car up

Isabella watching the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.