family photo

family photo

Monday, January 23, 2012

One Year

Today is the anniversary of my first post.  It has been fun to chronicle my last year and share with you the ups, downs, and daily thoughts.  I began this blog on the advise of a friend.  She had one and thought it was fun.  It has been fun.  There are things that I wish to share with others.  Words of encouragement and thoughts about God and life and God's purpose for life.  I'm sure not all agree with my thoughts but it has been fun to see my stats go up and down and think, "Well, maybe I encouraged someone out there."  One of my goals is to speak to my kids.  I want to let my children know what is on Mama's mind and maybe learn something :).  They get a kick out of their birthday blogs, and they liked to read mom's perspective on their birth and life to date.  My biggest goal is to encourage someone into a closer walk with God.  As we all struggle with the balance of faith, marriage, kids, family, job, education, church, cooking, cleaning, and I could go on and on, may we find God's plan for each of these areas and seek His Word on all things.  May we commit our whole life to God and not hold anything back for ourselves but surrender all to Him, our Blessed Savior.  What a blessed year.  I look forward to all that is ahead.  God bless.

Alicia

7 comments:

  1. I just want to encourage you to keep up the good work!!! I love reading your blog; learning about you and your family and getting a lot of encouragement! I look forward to each new post!
    God Bless you!
    A blessed Maryland reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate that. Thank you so much. God bless.
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading your blog as well. Things have been a little crazy around the Hill home, so I haven't been as on top of things with my blog as I feel I should be. But one day, these crazy days will be over and I know I will miss them. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charity. It is fun connecting with you on your blog. Kind of like catching up with a friend I haven't met yet. :) God Bless.

      Delete
  4. It's amazing how long you been doing this. I encourage you to keep on doing what your doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.