family photo

family photo

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Alertness

 "Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.  The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak."  Mark 14:38.  We are working on the Character trait alertness and we recite this verse in a rhythm, now I can't get it out of my mind.  It makes me smile.  All the sudden I just start saying it out loud as I am walking along.

So this morning I made one of my favorite breakfast, Baked Oatmeal.  Actually it is a family favorite.  One of my favorite camps is the Living Waters Ranch.  It is a beautiful camp with amazing camp food.  The facility is lovely and comfortable and the faculty is so friendly.  I whole heartedly recommend them.  Visit their website at livingwaterranch.org.  It is perfect for family reunions, church retreats, marriage retreats, etc.  They have hotel rooms, Hosanna building (where there are individual rooms around a meeting and kitchen area), bunks rooms and condos, and so much more.  They make the Baked Oatmeal as one of their breakfast foods and I was so excited to see that they share their recipe.  It is
Baked Oatmeal
1 cup oil
2 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup wite sugar
4 eggs
1 tblsp and 1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
5 cups regular oats
2 cups milk
In mixer, thoroughly combine all  ingredients except milk.  Mix in milk.  Pour into greased 10" x 15" pan.  Bake 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees, or until firm to the touch and golden brown on top.  Serve with sliced peaches and 1/2 and 1/2 or milk.
I


Obviously Isabella really enjoyed it as did Buddy.

 Have a great day and God bless.

Alicia

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.