family photo

family photo

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Couple Days Away

the view our our hotel window.
 Snow, snow snow.  Oh it is so beautiful.  This week my husband had meetings out of town.  So, he invited me to tag along.  We haven't had a get away for a while so this was great.  Unfortunately David had meeting early in the morning and then in the evening and did computer work during the day.  I felt bad he didn't get the break I got but Isabella and I had fun.  We really enjoyed being with daddy when we could.  The hotel was on the river and we had a deck that I could walk out on and enjoy the view.  Isabella has discovered her voice.  I would take her out on the deck and she would squeal and reach such high decimals I wouldn't be surprised if there were avalanches somewhere close by.  The hotel was just beautiful.  When we first got there David told me where the room was and Isabella and I went to find it while he parked the car and brought in the luggage.  Well, apparently the elevators are very hard to get too and I made a wrong turn and ended up exploring this lovely hotel with the baby in the stroller up and down stairs.  I was so exhausted when I got to the right room and David was already there and had brought in all the bags.  Oh well, a little exercise never hurts and it is a beautiful hotel.

David and I have always enjoyed our time away.  I highly recommend it for all couples.  We have even gotten to take big trips with just the two of us.  We love spending time together and traveling is something we both enjoy.  We are blessed with friends and family we can trust to take care of our children while we are gone.  When we get back the kids are always thrilled to see us and we are thrilled to see them.  It is so good to get away with your spouse and remember why you love each other.  Which means leave all criticism and anger and just enjoy your spouse.  Not always easy especially when you don't always want to do the same thing.  God tells us as wives we are to submit ourselves to our husbands as unto the Lord and husbands are to love their wife as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it (Ephesian 5).  As women it is hard to set aside our feminist thoughts and submit to our husbands.  It is also hard for a husband to grasp how he must truly love his wife.  Give your husband a reason to love you.  Never focus on what your husband is doing wrong, take it to God and leave it.  Then look at yourself and serve you husband as unto the Lord.  I think if we work at this,marriages will be more solid. Wouldn't it be great if the divorce rate dropped and a Christian marriage really meant something.  Seek your Bible daily to find areas you can be a blessing to God, your husband, your family, and those around you.  Model for your daughters a wife as designed by God.    And may joy abound in your lives.  Have a blessed day.  Alicia
Sunset, the birds are swimming and the weird thing was just earlier there were people ice fishing, didn't look real safe

here we are and it was chilly negative four

here's a picture to show the deep snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.