family photo

family photo

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

finally making progress

look at this beautiful sunrise

such amazing colors
I just love sunrises and sunsets.  We have been so blessed with a home that we can see both.  This is the first home we have been able to see the sun rising in the morning and setting in the evening.  How peaceful.
 Well we are finally making progress with my baby.  She is going at her own pace and I have to admit it has made me nervous at times.  She really has no desire to do much on her own except feed herself a cracker or cheerio.  She would sit up but only with support up until 9 months old.  Finally she has made if off the blanket.  She started rolling around 4 months old but really had no desire to go anywhere past that.  I was so excited one night while I was getting ready for bed to see her way off her blanket and almost in the other room.  It is silly to worry but all my other children have been early walkers.  Danika actually started walking just after she turned eight months.   The blessing has been that if I am away from home I can just lay her on the ground on a blanket and she goes to sleep and stays on her blanket.  With my 2 year old, blanket time is a challenge to keep her to stay on the blanket.  :) 
 We found these cute little bunny blanket sleepers for only $3.  So the little girls got matching ones.  Cassandra loves matching Isabella.  Isabella generally doesn't mind the hugs, especially when she can reach up and grab a handful of hair.

 They have cute little bunnies on the feet,
Here she is with her big accomplishment of scooting off the blanket. 
Hope you all are having a wonderful day and would love to hear about any of your speedy or slow moving babies.   God Bless.  Alicia

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.