family photo

family photo

Saturday, January 20, 2018

March for Life

Today was March for Life.  I have always had a passion to encourage others to see that an unborn child is still a child.  To take the life of a child in the womb is killing a human life.  I think the reality of that was reaffirmed last year at about this time.  A year ago we lost our grandchild.  Salem Marie was born too early.  Latisha was 21 weeks pregnant when Salem was born and Salem quickly went into the arms of Jesus.  We were able to hold this tiny child.  She was fearfully and wonderfully made.  Little fingernails, and toenails, with adorable little fingers, and dainty little features.  Salems older sibling, Peyton, was born at only 13 weeks, but was just as much a child, just as important and loved.

Last week I went to Salem's grave and celebrated her little life and spent a moment in memorial of her and Peyton.  It was a very solemn moment for me and I was blessed to have my dear friend with me to remember her short life, but still so grateful for that life.  Brent and Latisha also went to her grave with August and Brinley.  They placed flowers on her grave and August helped to keep it light hearted.

I hope that all who read this would find the value of all life, whether in the womb or out.  I pray that this holocaust on the unborn would end, that life at all stages would be valued.  We celebrated when we found out these little lives were there, and mourned when they left, but grateful that we will get to meet them someday.

May you all have a wonderful day.

God Bless,

Alicia

I placed a white lily in honor of her pure life

Add caption
August taking flowers to Salem's grave.


2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.