family photo

family photo

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sierra's 11

Sierra 5 weeks

at a year old she loved looking upside down

Here she is at three, we nick named her our flower child.

Sierra quickly pick up piano.

Sierra lovely as always.

Sierra now.
Happy Birthday to our lovely daughter Sierra!!!  11 years ago today we welcomed our new little Sierra Elizabeth.  She was very tiny, weighing only 6 lbs 12 oz.  She had lots of dark hair and the most amazing blue eyes I had ever seen.  They almost had a speck of purple in them.  In her ultrasound she had her legs crossed so they said they couldn't tell for sure the gender but it appeared she was a girl.  Sure enough.  It was a good delivery.  I was huge as always and had gone to my doctor appointment that day.  I had about a week and half left but was ready to pop.  The doctor checked me and said "Well, I'll see you tonight."  Sure enough about 4 hours later I was at the hospital.  I had read a book called Supernatural Childbirth and I was really hoping for a pain free delivery.  I started having contractions but they didn't hurt.  So I prayed and asked God if I was really in labor let me feel a little pain so I would know and sure enough, I felt a little pain.  But it wasn't what I was used to so I asked God again for just a little more pain so I would really know and again I felt more pain.  Before I knew it I was in full blown back labor.  We went to the hospital eager for our new baby.  They talked us in to an entrathepal (?)  which worked for a couple hours but then began to wear off.  I began to feel panicky.  The doctor noticed I was experiencing pain and said let's get this baby out.  Not much later there she was screaming.  They took her over to clean her up and it felt like forever.  Finally they placed her in my arms, she slowly calmed down and I wanted to hurt someone for not bringing her to me quicker.   But there we were with a beautiful new little girl.  The next morning Alex and Latisha came to see her at the hospital.  They were both so excited.  David was holding Sierra and Alexander said her name.  She turned her head and looked for him.  It was so precious she knew Alex's voice and was looking for her big brother.  Latisha was thrilled with her new little sister and took on the mothering role with a little side effect from what we referred to as the dethrowning period.   Sierra was such a loving little girl and was a friend to everyone.  She would tell complete strangers "I love you," in this sweet innocent voice.  She is now such a wonderful daughter.  She is willing to help wherever, whenever and is concerned about others.  She also has a creative side, is gifted with music and is trying to teach herself the flute.  We are so blessed to have Sierra and she is a blessing to those around her.  Sierra loves the Lord and that is what is the most important. Happy Birthday Sierra. 

2 comments:

  1. What a nice write-up. All true and we love our sweet Sierra & enjoy time with her. Grandma & Grandpa D.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.