family photo

family photo

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Potentiality

My new arbor for my birthday present thanks to my husband, Grandpa Bill, and Alex


our garden full of potential!!!
Yeah, I finally did it.  I got my garden in.  The weather here has been so crazy.  One day snow then next sunny.  But it looks like finally we will have good weather.  As I was standing there watering my gently planted seeds I couldn't help but think of the old song from childhood.  I am a promise, I am a possibility, I am a Promise with a capital P, I am a great big bundle of potentiality.  It is so exciting to plant a garden.  My daughters and I worked on it together and they were concerned with how many seeds to plant.  I encouraged them to plant lots because not all of them will grow.  Praise God that is how it works.  We are all always planting seeds in life.  Some are very good and done purposefully and some are not so good.  I'm awed and saddened when I see my kids act in a negative way because of a seed I have planted.  But I am also very excited to see seeds that we have planted that are growing and they are good fruit.  Thank you Lord for good fruit, fruit that will endure. 

I think growing a garden is full of analogies and I am always looking for God in all things.  Weeding out the bad seeds and protecting the good.  Sometimes it gets confusing, is this a good seed or a bad seed.  But if you let it grow it won't be long before you will see whether you have a good or bad seed.  God gave us his word to help us weed the seeds in our own life.  It drives my kids crazy sometimes because I just want to get rid of all bad seeds.  "Change the channel,"  "is that appropriate?", "Maybe that isn't someone we should have as a close friend"...  But I don't mind being the big weeder, trying to protect my children's heart and my own.  We are a great big bundle of potentiality.  God has a plan and a purpose.  Let us keep the weeds out and may the promise God has for our future be fulfilled.    God bless you all. 
Alicia

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely blog. I really enjoy reading your posts. You have great insight & perspective on life and rearing children and you lift up God. That is such a blessing to me. MOM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.