family photo

family photo

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Fever

Oh what crazy weather.  I so enjoy the sun popping out and the rain is good for the grass, but the temperature going up and down is crazy.  We bought our home over a year ago.  The yard was a mess so last summer was spent working on the yard.  We planted a lot of plants and trees.  I love beautiful yards and strive to make mine nice.  We had some watering problems and about 1/3 of our plants didn't make it.  At the end of the summer I planted a bunch of tulips and daffodils.  The last couple of weeks they have been popping out all over.  It stirred me to get out and do yard work again.  I have planted around 30 more plants and six trees.  I sure hope they all survive.  I was praying over them as I planted.  Silly I know but it was just so sad to see so many not make it last year.  My loving husband has been working hard on the yard too and our grass that struggled so much last year is green and beautiful.  This weekend I bought a couple pear trees.  I'm so excited to be growing my own fruit.  I don't know how long it will take for them to produce but we now have 2 pears, an apple, peach, plum and one tree that came with the house that we still aren't sure what it is but it has beautiful blossoms so maybe this year we can find out.  My garden is also clean and awaiting seeds.  It's a bit early to plant but I get so anxious and can't wait to fill it with seeds and watch them produce too. 

Our weekends was very nice too.  The highlight being we got to have dinner with some wonderful friends.  They have 8 children and just found out they are expecting their 9th.  We are so excited for them!!!  What a blessing.  They cooked a wonderful Mexican meal and then we played games.  The little ones played so well and the adults and older children got to show our word knowledge with speed scrabble. 

We also discovered our neighbors cow had an adorable baby.  God is good and I get so much joy in watching all things being fruitful, like my flower, vegetables, trees (hopefully), the neighbors cow and our good friends.  Spring is here and new life is popping out everywhere.  God bless and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.