family photo

family photo

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Home Again, Tests Again

We came home from our trip on Wednesday because we had to get ready for Isabella's MRI.  The doctor had ordered another MRI and we decided to get her teeth done at the same time.  Isabella had to be sedated for the procedure, so we had to get a doctors approval that she was in good health.  That was Thursday then Friday at 5:30 in the morning we had to be at the hospital.

She was cleared from the doctor, so Friday was a go.  That was quite a early morning.  Isabella was so excited when I got her out of bed at 4:45 am, she had no idea what was going on, but she loves to go, go, go so off to the hospital we went.  We had problems at the check in with our insurance, but finally we got to the pre-op.  Isabella got her pretty gown on and met nice people trying to get her ready, but all she was interested in was, where was breakfast.  She couldn't eat before the procedure so she was beginning to get impatient.  I got her to relax and we cuddled on the bed, but just when she was calm someone else would walk in with more information, or things to sign.  She had finally had enough so, we walked the hall, I am pretty sure she was on a search for food.  I am not sure why we had to be there at 5:30 for a 7:30 surgery, but finally they came to get her.

They said their good bye, and for some reason I had to get all choked up.  It is never fun to watch your baby go off to surgery.  The nurse came in to help me gather my things, saw my eyes and said "would you like a moment?"  She said it happens all the time, walked out of the room and closed the door, to give me a minute.  I got myself together and went to the waiting room.  My parents met me there after a while and I got to share my photos from our trip.

The MRI went well, and her results are all normal, so that is good.  She had blood tests and we are waiting on the results from that.  Unfortunately the dental surgery was a bit longer then we had expected.  Isabella hates, Hates her teeth messed with.  We have quite a struggle brushing and flossing her teeth.  The dentist have never seen any cavities, but she throws quite the fit when they look in her mouth.  That is why we had her sedated for this dental procedure.  They were able to get x-rays and saw five cavities between the teeth.  Because Isabella grinds her teeth they had to put crowns on all five teeth.  I am thankful they found them and they are now all fixed.  They put sealants on her other molars, hopefully we can prevent future problems.

Just thought I would share an update on Isabella, more exciting news to come.  God bless, have a great day.

Alicia

ready
After, didn't want to wake
Going on a hayride
to a pumpkin patch
Look at these cool shirts.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you and David had such a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing all the pictures and stories :) I'm glad things went smoothly with Isabella - she's a tough little one and you are a strong mom. I love the pumpkin patch pictures and the NY shirts! Miss you all dearly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are so looking forward to seeing you soon, well sorta soon :)

      Delete
  2. I am so glad the MRI results were good! Looks like the corn maze and pumpkin patch were fun, and I love how they all wore there New York tshirts on the same day :)

    Latisha Walter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wish I could have got all of you in the NYC t-shirt picture. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.