family photo

family photo

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Grandma Turns Ninety



Our five generation pictures, note the cute little head peaking up from
the bottom of the picture.  


Grandma's and her Seven Children
Three of my grandparents are now in their nineties.  That is quite amazing.  I had a grandfather pass away when he was 76 but my other three grandparents are now in their nineties.  I feel quite blessed to be able to enjoy my grandparents.  Last weekend we got to celebrate my paternal grandma's 90th birthday, how wonderful is that!

Grandma has lived a life of serving, serving, serving.  She and my grandpa raised seven beautiful, healthy children.  They had left everything to move here from Missouri, in hopes of giving their children a wonderful life.  I am grateful they did.  Their seven children gave them 23 grandchildren, who gave them as of the last count, I believe, 70 great grandchildren, and now their great grandchildren have given them three, with two on the way, great great grandchildren.  Not too bad.

We were able to attend Grandma's birthday party last weekend.  It was so good to see her.  Grandma has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease.  She has her ups and downs, but Saturday was a good day.  My aunt had told her she wanted to take Grandma to get a dress for her party.  Grandma got confused and was excited to be going to get her wedding dress.  Well, it worked out and Grandma looked lovely.

It is always fun to see family I haven't seen in quite a while.  One of my cousins, who flew in from Colorado, I haven't seen for 17 years or so.  It is sad that only a portion of us could make it to the party, but all seven of her children were there, 11 of her grandchildren, 23 of the great grandchildren and all 3 for the great greats.  Because we are all spread across the country, I guess I shall be grateful for those in attendance.

Here are a couple pictures from the party.  Have a great day and God bless.
Alicia


Grandma's seven Kiddos, my daddy is the handsome
one in the middle


2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet that she thought she was going to go get her wedding dress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.