family photo

family photo

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Home School Conference and Parties

Wow what a week!  Unfortunately for me homeschool conference happens on one of the busiest weekends of the year.  So, I have only been able to attend a couple times.  Wednesday, we had Alex and Cassandra's family birthday party.  Thursday we baked and cleaned and decorated for Cassandra's friends party.   She wanted a amusement park theme birthday, complete with a roller coaster, needless to say, that didn't happen.  There aren't very many roller coasters around here for rent. So we went for Carnival games and it turned out just fine.

Friday was the first day of the homeschool convention.  It is always the same weekend of our girls ministry awards ceremony and either Alex or Cassandra's birthday, but it is such a blessing to me I try to make a way to go.  This year I felt so encouraged by the convention and just really felt so much of what was said, I needed to hear.  It is so worth taking the time and going to it.  I was pleased with each class I went to and really enjoyed walking through all the vendors and looking at all they had to offer.   Probably one of the best part is being with other homeschool families and being encouraged with similar visions for our families.  One of the speakers introduced himself as a father of 8 kids, paused and then said, normally when I speak there is a gasp when I say how many children I have but in a homeschool conference no one even blinks an eye.  No, it isn't that all the families are supper sized but it also isn't odd.  I just love being around other homeschool families that all get the same jokes, struggles, encouragements, and vision.  Seriously just brightens my day and puts a bounce in my step.  Love it!!!  I had to leave early on Friday to get back for Cassandra's birthday party.  The party turned out great and I think the kids had a good time.

Then the next morning David got to join me and we got to enjoy the homeschool convention sessions together and some a part.  At lunch we went out just the two of us and shared what we had learned in our separate sessions.  It was a good thing to compare and discuss what we had been learning.   I think it was good for both of us.  I highly advise homeschool conventions for all homeschoolers and those interested in homeschool.  It is a great way to be encouraged in carring out the commissions in Deuteronomy 11:18-21, Deuteronomy chapter 6 and Proverbs 22:6 "Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it."  What a great way to train up you children in the way of the Lord, by being with them and being their teacher.  I am so blessed with a husband who shares this vision and with the Lord being our Provider, as we seek to honor Him and raise Godly offspring.  (Malachi 2:15)

Have a blessed day.
Alicia

Alexander and Cassandra


Yes, I do appear to be helping them blow out their candles from afar.
We had warm crockpot cake so I put icing on a plate and put the candle
on that.  It worked.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.