family photo

family photo

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Happy Birthday to My Son

What an amazing year Alex has had.  Just before he headed to college for his Senior year he began a relationship with the girl of his dreams.  They both finished their last year of college while getting engaged and planning a wedding.  Then just within this last month they graduated from college, had graduations parties, prewedding parties, the wedding, and a lovely honeymoon.  Not to mention their last month has been full of car issues and blessing.  On their way home from college Alex's car broke down twice and finally collapsed a day after they got home.  Ivy's car has also had large issues.  But God has been so good and they have been greatly blessed with amazing deals by their amazing grandparents.  They now have two very good cars that should last them for quite a while.  So, the last month has been very exciting.

Now they are preparing for their future and a move to a new state as Alex will begin his dream of being a Youth Pastor and Music Pastor.  God is so good.  We are treasuring our final days with them before the move and are so thankful for God's blessings of love and provision for them this past year and especially past month.

Of course as my son turns 22 I rejoice in the baby of my youth.   I was only 22, a new mother full of hopes and dreams for my baby's future and yet wanting to hold on to every moment with my first child.  God has blessed me with my son and I am so grateful for the calling he has placed on Alexander's life.  Thank you Lord, and a very happy birthday to my sonshine.

 Here are some photos from their honeymoon.
After a major uncharge claiming what they had reserved on line was misquoted,
Alex ended up with a mustang.  We have not had much success with car rental on line

The lovely couple
Ivy's first time to Disneyland

sweet

Look, they got the groom and bride hats
awww

yikes
the beach


Happy Birthday!!!

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.