family photo

family photo

Friday, June 27, 2014

Awards and Garden

No, my garden will not receive an award but I am really excited with it.  This morning I finally got to pick the reward of perseverance.  After planting raspberry plants 3 times I finally got them to stick around.  The last two times I planted, I planted in the heat of summer and I am pretty sure that is why they died.  Last spring we took a trip to my brother and sister in laws and my sister in law was showing me her great raspberry garden.  We left for the day and when we got back she had dug up 50 plants for me to take home.  I planted them the day we got home and prayed the little sticks would make it.  I have only lost a couple and all the rest are out there with beautiful leaves and lots of red raspberries.  Well, that was until I picked all the red ones this morning and we had them with our cereal.  It was so very exciting!!!!

Here it is off to an ok start. Back in the corner are the lovely raspberry plants.
Not sure what happened to my poor strawberry plants, may have to start over on them.


Aidric enjoyed his share of the raspberries
 As for the awards, our lovely daughters graduated their respective classes, earning honors in each.  Latisha receive her gold, Sierra her silver, Danika her bronze, and Cassandra earned her honors in Daisy's.  They have to honor in three clubs to get the bronze medal,which is what Danika did, when they honor in their fourth club they get their silver, which is what Sierra did, and when they honor in their fifth club they get a gold, which is what Latisha did.  To honor in a club you have to do extra work and memorization of scriptures.  So, I am very proud of their hard work and blessed to have them all honoring the same year.  It just so happened that Daisys club (what Cassandra just finished) is one year, Prims is two (we didn't have a girl in that club this year), Stars (Danika just completed) takes three years, Friends (Sierra just completed) 3 years, and Girls Only club (Latisha just completed) is four years and we just happened to have our daughters spaced so that they all graduated at the same time.  I don't know how often something like that happens but we feel very honored to have been blessed with girls to accomplish this and am thankful for Girls ministry and the leaders who minister to our girls.
On a side note my dear friend Ivy, is home from college and we are holding Bright Lights meeting with some lovely young ladies for the the summer, in our home.  She felt led to continue Bright Lights  with our girls for the summer and is doing Grace Malley's book "Will our Generation Speak?"  We have had a good turn out. Another friend of mine is doing a ladies Bible study at the same time in our home for the moms and other ladies.  It is working out good and I am thankful with the work God is doing in our home.

Also, more good news… Isabella's test all came back negative and after David's layoff at his job, he is still employed.   Thank you, thank you my Lord.  God is good!!! Have a great day and God bless.

Alicia

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.