family photo

family photo

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Newlyweds "What a Blessing"

What an amazing blessed first few weeks of marriage for Brent and Latisha.  They were so blessed to have a wonderful engagement, beautiful wedding, relaxing honeymoon, bought their first home and now setting up their home and future.  I am excited to get their professional wedding pictures and post some here but for now here are some pictures of their first few exciting weeks together.  "What a blessing!"

 Their honeymoon was an eight day road trip.  What an exciting adventure.  I kept thinking back to our honeymoon and how exciting it was to go on a trip as husband and wife, on our own adventure.  Off they went to mostly sunny California.  It was funny because people kept asking me what I had heard from them, but really I got a text they made it there and that was it, until they were headed home.  It was a weird feeling, but I didn't contact my family on our honeymoon, so I was glad to see that they were just enjoying time together.  They did post some cute pictures during their trip and that was so exciting.  I think with cell phones we think we have to keep in contact with everyone all the time, I was glad to see they didn't worry about that and just enjoyed their trip.
Here they made it to California

They had a day at Sea World
Then some more beach time

Cute flip flops

a day in Hollywood

Another sunny day at the beach


Then a day at Disneyland.  They got "just married" buttons, so lots of people
congratulated them everywhere they went

Matching hats
Then it was back home.  The day they got home we had a present opening party, sorry no pictures.  They were so blessed with lots of presents and cards with money.   I was just amazed at some of the generosity of our family and friends.  With the money and gift cards they got they were able to go buy things on their registries they wanted and still needed.  What a huge blessing.

They stayed in our apartment for a little while till they closed on their new home.  Then last Saturday we moved them in.  It was so exciting, a little sad, but so exciting.  They built their home so almost everything in it is new.  Like I may have overstated, "What a Blessing."

here is their new home

the front room

looking into the dining and kitchen

kitchen/dining room


guest bath

master

bedroom with their whole bed set, a blessing from an Uncle and Aunt
Here's my girl enjoying her new home
So. there it is.  Most the boxes are unpacked and now they are getting ready to hang pictures and maybe do some painting.  Latisha said it is quite quiet even with the construction going on next door, nothing like our house full of children and activity.  But she is busy setting up their home and enjoying making their house a home.  I am so happy for them!  What a blessing!!!  Have a great day.
Alicia

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!! Fun pictures. I am sure it is weird when one leaves the home. Such a different season. They are too cute and we are thrilled for them. The house is amazing, I know it will be so homey and warm just like her mothers! :)

    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. It is good and so happy for them.

      Delete
  2. O I love their new home!!! What a blessing! I couldn't imagine being there in several years...watching mine tie the knot. It's a blessing to see them smiling in the pictures that youthful happy smile...still so untouched by the pressures of life! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.