family photo

family photo

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Happy 21st Birthday to My Son!

I am sitting here watching a beautiful video of my son Alex, 21 years ago.  Such a handsome little guy. I remember those moments as I became a mom, something I had dreamed about since I was a little girl. I always wondered what my kids would look like, how they would act, and what it would feel like to hold my own baby.  It was amazing when it happened but so very surreal.  I just couldn't grasp what all this meant.  Holding the child I had longed for was really here.  What an awesome responsibility and such an amazing gift.  It didn't really seem like it was my baby.  Then in the middle of that first night the nurse brought him to me.  I remember looking at him and thinking, "He is so beautiful."  I can't express the warm maternal feelings that rushed over me as I held this precious gift.  The next morning I talked to my mom and just could find the words but just to say, "Mom, he is so beautiful."  I  remember coming home from the hospital.  David dropped us off at home and had to head back to work.  Here we were just Alex and I.  I was so sad to see David leave but so excited to be home with our baby.  I wanted to hold on to each moment.  We just laid on the couch and cuddled. I had no idea what all lay ahead but I knew at that moment all was wonderful.

Today that wonderful blessing turns 21 and I am so very thankful for this gift from God that is now a man.  I treasure our moments together.  Having him home from college is a treat.  He has one more year left and then who know what.  God has good things planned for Alex and David and I look forward to all that is in store.  Happy Birthday my Sonshine.

God Bless you All,
Alicia


3 comments:

  1. Awwwe! Happy 21st Birthday to Alex!!! Sweet post.

    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Don't blink, you'll be there soon. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.