family photo

family photo

Friday, July 11, 2014

Good Morning

It has been a while since my last post.  I am hoping to share some wedding pictures soon, but we haven't got them yet so patience is a virtue.  Here are some updates on our last few weeks.  Lots of things going on and we are so blessed

First camping trip of the season started of really rainy, then chilly and then beautiful
Danika and Adric at camp fire

The men making plans

Isabella, Me and David

Cassie trying to catch a fish

Alex and Ivy roasting marshmallows

Sierra with Isabella

The newlywed and their new tent
Then Alex led worship at kids camp, so Brent was on drums, Sierra on keyboard, Ivy singing, Link singing, and Chase on base. Latisha was a counselor and Danika a camper.  So, with all our older kids off ministering, it was a good time for me to bond with the little ones.  We decided to go up for a day and check out the going ons and even got to participate in some of the fun.  We stayed for worship and it was sooo good.  I was so proud of our kiddos and God's gifting in their lives.
Here David was on the mega swing

My son in law on the zip line

My son on the zip line.  Making his mama's heart beat a little faster

Sierra just relaxing on the zip line

Latisha taking it easy on the zip line then…...
 Then it was my turn.  Up I climbed, 40 feet in the air, I was doing ok, but as I approached the platform my heart began to race.  The hardest part was when the guy told me to step off when I was ready.  Well that is a bit harder then it sounds.  My heart raced like crazy and …. well, I did it.  I felt compelled to hold on for dear life and truly did not hear everyone's encouragement for me to let go.  It was fun and I survived.
Here I am approaching the platform

Here I am taking the leap.  A truly humbling picture but hope it puts a smile on your face
 The kids were not home for the forth.  I had bought a couple fireworks for Cassie and I, but just didn't feel right doing it without the others.  So a couple days ago we held our own pitiful firework display and had a wonderful time.
Ivy and Alex

David and I

Latisha and Brent

The kiddos enjoying the show

We put our sad little fireworks on a ladder to make it look better. Here Latisha Brent and Alex
are lighting 3 off at a time


So there is an update.  I hope this finds you all wonderful and enjoying the summer.  God bless.

Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the update :) Wonderful memories and wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.