family photo

family photo

Monday, June 16, 2014

What's Up?

I hope your summer is going well.  I keep telling myself after this or that things will slow down, but we'll see.  I have so many hopes for the summer, projects to finish, planning for the next school year, trips to take, and exciting happenings and dreams come true.  But there is also trials and growth going on as we approach job issues and medical challenges.  God is so good to see us through them all and I am so grateful to my Savior who watches over me and my family.

Several months ago we had taken Isabella to a geneticist.  They had wanted to do some blood tests, but we have been waiting to get the ok from the insurance company.  A long process and I didn't even know if I wanted the tests.  Last week Isabella had an appointment with one of her doctors who thought she was doing well and actually said the things I wanted to hear.  He was skeptical wether she had either of the diseases the geneticist wanted her tested for and said how we could go on and on doing costly testing that could just bring us back to where we are right now.  The next day, on the way to therapy, the geneticist office called and all the tests were now approved by the insurance.  I spoke to the therapists about my doubts with the tests and they really encouraged me to get the tests especially the one that scared me the most.  I tried to quickly get to my car, without my emotions showing, but when I got back to pick Isabella up they were ready for intervention.  I can generally do well with issues as long as I don't have to talk about it.  They felt differently,  I guess now they know how I feel.  Today I go in to get Isabella's blood test.  I am anxious both for the process of getting the blood tests (Isabella does not enjoy her blood drawn), and for the results of the test.  Inside I know that God is with me and will help us through but if you have time today to drop a prayer on Isabella's and my behalf I would appreciate it.   The Bible says "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication  with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:5-7

Well, on the brighter side, things have been exciting here and one party after another.  I will post in a couple days about the newly weds and there exciting adventures but for now, here are some fun pictures. Have a great day.
Alicia



Alex's family birthday party, The strawberry rhubarb crisp didn't support the candles so I held them.


my cute little boy loved all the parties and cake

Cassandra's party

Danika's Honor Star's graduation

Sierra's prayer at her Honor Friends graduation


Latisha finished with her honors Girls Only, Sierra Honors Friends,
Danika Honor Star, Cassie Honor Daisy and Isabella just happy to be there.
A big year for our girls.

We had a root beer party for Alex's 21st birthday party with friends, complete with
homemade root beer, root beer cookies, root beer candy, hot wings etc.

trifles that looked like little root beers.  Cute, Latisha helped a lot
here Cassandra and I are making her happy birthday sign



Turned out cute




Cassie with strawberry cupcake for friends party


Father's day outing up to the cross, where you can oversee the city and valley below.  First we had a picnic

Headed to the cross
at the huge cross.  at night it is lighted and the city can see it.

Aidric's new talent is climbing on chairs and anything else close to his height.  

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.