family photo

family photo

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Another Teen

This is such a big year for us.  Something special for each of our children.  Aidric-born, Isabella-preschool, Cassandra-starts kindergarten, Danika- double digits, Sierra-becomes a teenager, Latisha- will be an official adult, and Alex-will be entering his 20's.  Oh, my.  Well, right now it is Sierra's big day.  A beautiful teenager.  I am so blessed to have her and there is no fear as we enter the teens.  The other day a nurse at the doctors office commented on Aidric, "Oh, just wait until he becomes a teenager.  That is when the real trouble begins."  That is such a lie that many believe.  I have been blessed with my kids as teenagers and I have no worry of Sierra beginning her teen years.  Rebellion does not have to be a part of the teen years.  Every season of a child's life has its ups and downs but with God's help, rebellion does not have to be a part of it.  I recommend Keeping Our Children's Heart, by Steven and Teri Maxwell's

My labor and recovery with Sierra was wonderful.  It was one of the easy ones I had mentioned in my other post.  I was up and going the next week, and even went to the mommies group at our church. Not always the case but grateful when it is.

Sierra, we welcome you into your teens and are so blessed to have you in our lives.  I'm so thankful for the help you give me and the heart you have for the Lord and the things of God.  May this year just draw you closer to the Lord and give you even more direction in your life.  You are a wonderful pianist and I look forward to your next project. 

Lots of love,
Mom

And then there were 5


my lovely young lady

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sierra. You have such a servant's heart and are such a sweet girl. It has fun seeing you blossom. You are precious. Love, Mrs. Argon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs. Argon. Sierra.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.