family photo

family photo

Monday, May 6, 2013

Optimism

I believe he is growing every day.  My little baby is doing wonderful and I don't take one thing for granted.   I love to see him stare at me with intrigue and try to mimic the movement of my mouth as I speak, or how he follows people as the walk by, or tries so hard to flex his little legs and stand as we hold him, and this amazing smile that lights up his whole face.  Not one milestone passes me by.   My little Isabella grew at her own pace and I just tried not to make a big deal about it.  This past year has been filled with doctors and testing and therapists, trying to help (?) and I must say it is quite tiring.  I have gone through pictures and watch family videos to see where things slowed down and I missed it.  I question what I might have done or what I could have done differently, what ifs fill my mind.  Maybe I shouldn't have done this or maybe I should have done this more.  My emotions go up and down as they check her for hearing loss, then MRI, EEG, genetic testing, autism...  All negative, praise the Lord.  Why doesn't she talk and what is going on in her little brain is, as one therapist put it, a puzzle.  I love her so much and my daily prayer is for her healing of whatever it is that is causing the delays.  I have been reading in my Bible about Jesus healing so many and the prayer of faith.  The other day I read Mark 11.  Verse 24 just jumped out at me:  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.  So, I will continue in prayer, believe with faith as a mustard seed, and I look forward to posting one day of how Isabella talks our ears off, has asked Jesus to be her Savior, and sings to the Lord a new song.  It is my faith and choosing optimism that keeps me believing.

Here are a couple new pictures of Aidric.  My next post should include long awaited pictures of Alexander and Aidric together.  Their first face to face meeting is soon as Alex has finished his semester and is on his way home.  We have missed him so much and can't wait to show him his brother.  May God bless you all.

Alicia  

Danika and Aidric now 71/2 weeks.  :)


The girls sharing a joint family birthday party


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.