family photo

family photo

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Serenity




"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. "  This was going over and over in my head yesterday.  I don't know that I have ever memorized or paid a lot of attention to this prayer but yesterday I knew it and prayed it well.  The last while at our home has been challenging to say the least.  We are unsure what or if Isabella can hear and the therapist, doctors and paper work I have gone through has been a bit overwhelming.  I only want to know what is going on and what we can do about it but it all takes sooooo long.  After leaving a doctors office yesterday I was pondering what she had said, "there is something definitely wrong" and "I don't think she can hear anything,"  and more test in a "timely manner."  Once in my car the familiar tears came and the words sent a series of whats and what ifs that I don't have answers too and apparently neither does anyone else.  But God does.  And this prayer came to me.  I wondered if those were the actual words and they were.  I opened my Bible to where I was in my reading this morning, there is a devotional section on the edges and guess what was printed there in black and white?  The Serenity prayer.  The prayer of my heart yesterday and today.  God is so good.  He know what we need and confirms his companionship with us.  So today I pray again "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.  In Jesus name, Amen"  God bless you all and know he is with you no matter what.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Alicia, He is so faithful and so good to bring comfort. Just knowing that He cares for her even more than you is so sweet. Cast your cares on him, for he careth for you. Whatever the outcome just remember that the Lord will use this for His glory and He created her just the way she is. She is perfect and precious. I am praying for you guys and love you. Hang in there. Let me know when you get more info.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica. I appreciate your prayers and love you all.
      Alicia

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.