family photo

family photo

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Homeschool Conference

A little while ago, I went to my first homeschool conference.  I have been homeschooling from the beginning but have never made it to a conference.  It always occurs the same weekend as Alexander's or Cassandra's birthday and our Girls Ministry District awards.  I have been missing out.  The encouragement of being with so many people that share the same passion and commitment to God and Family just really blessed me.  Apparently this was one of, if not the largest homeschool conference our state has ever had.  The work that goes into this convention was apparent and it has blessed so many.  I did leave for a couple hours to make it to the District awards to watch my daughters and 4 of my Stars Graduate students get their awards but then I hurried back to hear the final keynote speaker.   I enjoyed walking around seeing the booths and the smiling families.  A couple of my friends were there and it was fun to share time with them.  I started asking other homeschoolers to see if they had ever attended a conference and most had not.  Imagine how many could have been there if this was but a fragment of our area.  I was so bubbly that that night at a graduation party I had to share with all, the things I had learned.  It was such an encouragement and I'm glad David and I were able to attend.

One of the keynote speakers was Michael Farris.  I just really appreciated all he had to say.  He is the founder of Patrick Henry College, defender of Parental Rights, father of 10 children and so much more.  I enjoyed soaking up his wealth of knowledge and fervor for the Lord, family and our nation.  I encourage you to check out the parentalrights.org sight to find out more.

This has been a strange season.  One day we turn on the heater the next the air conditioning.  Today is a great day.  We don't need air or heat, it's just lovely.  Thought I would throw in a couple pictures.  I always love pictures in blogs and hope you do too.

The girls' train


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.