family photo

family photo

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fun Day

Yesterday we had a busy but fun day.  The morning was spent with yard work and a blessing from my neighbor.  She has an abundance of raspberry plants and let me come dig some for myself.  Apparently, I'm not very strong but was able to dig some and transplant them.  It was in the upper 90's so probably not the best time to be transplanting but the opportunity arose and I took it.  I drenched them in water and we'll see what happens. 

After that we went to do photos.  Oh what drama but we try to make it fun.  After the discussion of attire and hair we finally made it to the park to take pictures.  I brought lots of water but we drank it all and were very thirsty and tired when all was done.  I think we got some good pictures.  My favorite was of all the girls.  By that time Isabella was no longer happy and Cassie was ready to play but I still liked it.  It is so funny to see their personalities shine when you take pictures.  Several I took, I just couldn't delete because they cracked me up.   Alex was working so we'll have to get some of him later.

Then we hurried home for naps and to ready ourselves for the evening.  We were having Mark and Amy and their 8 (and one on the way) kiddos and Chad and Jessica and their 5 kiddos.  What a fun evening.  We roasted hot dogs (yes in 90 plus degree weather), had a great potato salad, yummy watermelon, homemade cherry ice cream (the remaining of the cherries we picked),  then finished the evening with games, conversation and SMORES.  How great is that.  I so enjoy getting our families together.  Everyone has someone to play with and I just love them all.  I am so blessed to have such good Friends.

Mark and Amy had just had their ultrasound that day and after 4 boys in a row they are expecting a healthy baby girl.  What a blessing!!!  The older girls are thrilled.  They have the sweetest story.  I wish Amy would start her own blog but she has ok me to tell this story.  God has been so good to them in blessing them with 3 (now 4) girls and 5 boys and the provision has always been there.  It has seemed that with several of their babies they received raises.  So, when Mark got a raise a couple months ago he came home and asked Amy is she was expecting again and to their delight she took a test and sure enough, they are.  Isn't God good?   














I wish I had pictures to share from last night, but I hope you enjoy the pictures from the park.  Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.