family photo

family photo

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Enjoying summer

 We have been enjoying a great summer. Busy one day and little to do the next. First off I wanted to share the garden progress.  It has been a bit of a struggle but it is finally taking off.  I just finished harvesting the last of my spinach and some sweet peas.  My strawberries are pitiful.  I don't know why they are struggling but we'll just keep watering.  The corn was doing great but a huge wind came through our are and hurt them a bit. 
 This is my apricot tree, maybe.  It is loaded with fruit and hopefully we'll soon have a great harvest

My peach tree we planted is doing great.  I was so excited but someone told me that you aren't supposed to let it produce fruit the first couple years and that it might have been better to have taken off the blooms.  Oh well, we'll see.  If you look closely you can see a peach, but I counted and believe there are over 30.  Such fun. 

Next, our Bright Lights group is doing great.  I'm so blessed to be doing this group with help from Ivy and Latisha.  They are such a good example to the girls.  We have a great group of girls who are so sweet and I just pray this group will help them for years to come. 

Latisha getting some air. :)

David making an awesome serve.

Alex making it look easy.

Isabella enjoying the show.

Sierra holding Cassie and Isabella in the pool while Danika snorkeled. 

Cassandra loved the sparklers.
We had a great time celebrating our countries birthday.  I am so thankful to be living in a country that has such a Godly heritage in its founding fathers.  I pray every day for Gods protection over our country and that we will once again be a Christian nation, one nation under God with liberty and justice for all. 

We have also been able to go to the zoo a couple times.  Enjoyed a lunch with my wonderful friend and a mega walk with another great fun.  Last night we had around 50 youth and young adults over.  And so much more going on.  Hope you all are enjoying your summer.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.