family photo

family photo

Monday, June 27, 2016

Garden Update

It is getting hot here.  I really do not like the weather when it gets above 90 degrees.  I could just stay inside and hibernate, but I try not to.  For quite sometime I have avoided standing on the scale for fear of what it might say.  In January I broke my fear and because of what the scale said I became very inspired to exercise.  I do enjoy food but as I age I find myself having to cut back on what I eat.  So, I started getting up every morning before the family and exercising.  It took me two months to loose 10 pounds but I hit a plateau and have had trouble loosing the rest I would like to loose.  I admit I have gone back to eating normal yet watch what I eat, but I continue to exercise almost every morning.  This has kept me from gaining it back but still I am not at the weight I would like to be.  My quandary is should I just be happy with where I am or go to where I would like to be.  Regardless, back to the heat, once the weather got a bit nicer I started walking/jogging outside.  I enjoy being out in the morning and going for a nice jaunt.  When the path is uphill I walk and when it is down I jog.  I seriously have no desire to become one of those obsessed with jogging, so I just do it for fun, down the hill, to save time, and reach my distance goal.  My time is precious to me and I need to stay on schedule.  As it gets hotter though I have to get up earlier and I can only handle so much. :) Some days I just stay indoor and do my 1990 exercise tape.  Yes, we still have a VCR.  As the heat increases the more Kathy Smith (my exercise tape)  and I work out together.  We also have a tread mill and it is good for exercise in adverse weather.

The weather is good for my garden though.  My plants have taken off and I trim them to keep them from overtaking their neighbor.  It's all good.  We have been harvesting quite a bit of raspberries, sweet peas, Kale, zucchini, and rhubarb. Several of the other plants are getting there, also.  It is very fun to watch my garden grow and I feel healthy eating and feeding my family the fruit of my labor.

Well, I hope you are all enjoying this summer. Have a blessed day.

Alicia


our garden

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden!!! Also, you look amazing! Not many can birth & raise 7 children, homeschool, welcome inlaws & grands & keep things together like you can! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you are so kind. I feel blessed to be able to do these things.

      Delete
  2. I think you look wonderful mom! and you garden is getting huge thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie. I am happy to share. Want Kale?

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.