family photo

family photo

Friday, June 3, 2016

First Birthday as a Dad to Be

Happy birthday to my handsome son, Alexander, who has just earned a new title in life, "Dad," or dad to be, (but I really feel you become a parent at the moment of conception).  How exciting is that.  This last year was an exciting one with, a new wife, new job, new city, new state, new cat, new puppy, new house, and now new baby on the way.  In honor of all this newness, I think I shall go back to when he was new.  Humor me as I take a trip to his first year and a couple of this last one, just enough to cause me to shed a tear or two.  We are so proud of you Son and all you are and are becoming.  We'll miss sharing your birthday for the first time but know you are in good hands and we will celebrate with you soon. God bless you in your ministry as a husband, father, and pastor.  God is good.  Have a great day.

Alicia

The day we came home from the hospital.  I loved our
matching jimmies
Starting to walk



ready for church
Just before his wedding
trip to see them.  



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Alex we can't wait to see you soon!
    Love the pictures mom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the picture of you two ready for church! So adorable! We definitely missed family on his birthday. But we are very much so looking forward to celebrating together next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.