family photo

family photo

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Wedding Update

Ahh the sun is setting on another beautiful day.  One day closer to "the day."  With four and a half months since the engagement and less then two months to the wedding there is lots of work to be done.  Dresses are almost done, shoes bought, decorations chosen, invitations sent, shower set up, registry done, and much more….yet there is so much to do.  It is fun, a little overwhelming for me at times, but fun.  It has been so exciting to watch Latisha shine as hopefully her dreams are coming together.  The cake, the flowers, the anticipation- all so exciting.

 Latisha has been working on  projects to make things special and personal.  I am very impressed.  Things are a little more creative then when I got married.  I think we got most wedding supplies at a couple stops and the wedding was planned.  We used to joke we could have got married in a month.

We have begun receiving RSVP cards and every day it is wonderful to see the people responding.  I have to admit I am one of the worst about returning rsvp cards promptly so I was a bit surprised as we received our first rsvp card a couple days after we sent the invitations.

Our exciting news is that Brent and Latisha decided to build their first home.  The foundation has already been pored, the walls are up and the roof is on.  They had fun picking out the property, floor plan, and colors and even bought their first refrigerator.  What fun to watch my little girl and the love or her life preparing and building their first home.  It is all such a blessing.  God has blessed their engagement and we are getting excited for the big day.



the happy couple
the beginning
progress being made
Have a great day.
Alicia

6 comments:

  1. What fun! So happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so very excited!! It has been such a blessing to hear about all the preparations. It will be a beautiful and special wedding! I am also so happy for the blessing of their first home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! I did not know they were doing this. So wonderful! How exciting. Very happy for them.

    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so very happy for them. They have saved their money and are able to get a good start. I should be done around the wedding.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.