family photo

family photo

Friday, July 26, 2013

Success

Aidric is four months old and today rolled over all by himself.  He has rolled over from his tummy to his back but today he rolled over from his back to his tummy, a much bigger accomplishment.  It is so fun to watch.  First he tucks his legs to his chest and then swings his shoulders and finally today all his hard work paid off and he made it to his tummy.  Of course once on his tummy he isn't quite sure what to do next and not sure if that is what he really wanted.
beginning the process again

At this point it is hard not to give him a little help.  Such hard work.

finally success
 The other day I was talking to a friend of mine.  She was so encouraging as she has gone through some of what we are going through with Isabella.  I asked for her advice.  One of the best things she told me was to celebrate every little success.  We are still working on potty training and it is so very frustrating for all of us.  So today when after several attempts she finally did it we all celebrated like it was the greatest thing.

Things can get a little tiring some days but I have so much help I really can't complain.  The other day though we had gone for a walk.  We were out of town with family and the bigger kids and dad had gone fishing.  I took a walk with my three youngest, my sister in law, and her young son.  We had found a little beach spot and the kids were having a great time.  Isabella was walking around but slipped into a little swampy puddle.  I just assumed she would walk around it but nope.  She slipped right into it.  I was terrified, ran and grabbed her out and she was covered in slime and little black bugs. Oh it was so awful.  There was even a leach on her shoulder.  I quickly removed her clothes and ran her to the lake and began washing her as best I could.  It is hard to relax when we go places with Isabella.  Someone needs to keep an eye on her all the time.  She loves to explore and if someone has left a cup out she will grap it and well, it gets spilled.  I had decided the other day that I don't need to go to another wedding or trip or camping for a while.  But I continue, because that is what we do.  We love going places as a family and well, right now it takes a bit more effort but that is ok.  So we are planning another trip and as we have learned some lessons, maybe things will go better.  It's all an adventure and I do love spending time with my family.

Isabella and I at the beach

Aidric first success was on that trip where he went from his tummy to his back

Another success was I finally got the kids picture.  I have been taking pictures of the kids all together when a new baby is born and put it on our stairwell.  Finally the other day after church I looked at my lovely kiddos and said everyone get together and let's get a picture.  I didn't have a camera but my son has an amazing camera on his phone, so yeah we got it done and I think it turned out great.  Now if we can just get a nice family photo before Alex goes back to college that would be wonderful.
going up the stairs

the new photo now at the top

going down the other side our parents pictures with their sibling growing up.  My dad's and David's dad's picture have 7 kids and my mom's and David's mom's picture both have two girls.  We apparently followed in our dad's foot steps
Well I hope you are all having a wonderful summer.  God bless have a great day.

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.