family photo

family photo

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesdays

If you were to ask David what his favorite day of the week is, he might just say Wednesdays.  Why?  Because it is cleaning day.  He loves coming home to a freshly cleaned home that smells, well, like cleaners.  When he comes home you can hear him say "awww its cleaning day."  That doesn't mean our house is trashed the rest of the time, just that Wednesdays are the day everything is vacuumed, picked up, and the bathrooms shine.  Well, at least that is the goal.  I have to admit I love it when it is all done too.  I refer to Wednesdays as my work out day.  Some people spread cleaning days out through the week, and we do clean everyday of the week, but Wednesdays are just get in and get it all done.  Everyone has their job and I am blessed that they all jump in and get it done.  My job is the floors.  That is a big job considering the amount of floors we have here.  It is so funny the kick I get out of seeing vacuum marks on the carpet.  Obviously with a family our size we vacuum some rooms throughout the week but Wednesday they all get done.
vacuuming with Aidric


When David and I were in college I had two jobs and went to school full time.  So Saturday was cleaning day.  Once I became a stay at home mom I moved that to Friday's.  I loved a clean house for the weekend.  But we were often busy on Friday getting ready for the weekend so I moved it to Thursday.  Well a couple years ago we started Bright Lights here every other Thursday so cleaning day got pushed back to Wednesdays.  Now I'm not sure what we will do.

Ivy and Aidric

When I started Bright Lights two years ago I asked Ivy to join me.  She has been the heart of our group but she is going away.  It is very sad to see her leave and she will be so very, very missed.  I have friends of all ages.  Some are quite a bit older and some quite a bit younger.  Just yesterday I had a wonderful outing with my dear friend Jessica, who is younger but such a priceless friend.  She encourages me in my life and walk with the Lord and that is what being a friend is about, I pray that I do the same for her.  I am grateful for all my wonderful friends God has placed in my life.  I remember when David and I were friends with a wonderful couple about my parents age, they were priceless.  Well, Ivy is around my older children's age but she is also my friend and priceless.  We have some wonderful conversations and both share a desire to honor the Lord.  Ivy gives everything her all and is always volunteering to help me out.  I have yet to find someone who could replace her as the Bright Lights leader and I am afraid I am unable to continue alone.  We will see what the Lord has in store.  Will cleaning day return to Thursday?  Maybe.  But for the next few weeks it will be Bright Lights with Ivy.  I am glad that there is a new Bright Lights group so it won't totally end in our area.  We love you Ivy, God bless you in your next endeavor.

Hope you all are blessed with good friends, have a wonderful day.

Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Awwwe! You are too kind! I enjoy being your friend, but I am getting the better end of the deal! :) Thanks for putting up with me!I love our little lunch or coffee dates. We need to get regular! ;) Ivy is precious, just like your girls!! You are super mom. I love the idea of having one main cleaning day! That is really good. May try to steal that one. However I am lacking older people help! hehehe!

    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with all the above. Gracie and Stephen are getting there. You do an amazing job! It is easier to relax and ignore the small stuff when you know cleaning day is in a couple days.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.