family photo

family photo

Monday, July 8, 2013

Things are Growing

I have wanted to get an updated picture of my garden for quite a while.  I planned to show it in it's different growing stages but time sure flies by.   Keeping the weeds out of my garden is more of a job than I can do alone and the girls and I have enjoyed an busy summer.  I have been a little embarrassed to show you my garden with it's lack of weeding, but I find taking care of my family has been keeping me quite busy, and my family is bit more important than a perfect garden.   I have to keep my priorities right and sometimes the garden has to wait.  So no, it is not a perfect garden but we have been able to harvest some rhubarb, spinach, lettuce, zucchini, and a green pepper.
Our growing garden

I love melons and have planted quite a bit this year.  It has to be a good long hot growing season to get a good melon harvest here.  Hot it has been, but I got a late start, so we'll see.
Bill gave me an article on growing different plants together.  Here I have corn, with beans growing up them and pumpkins at the base that are supposed to keep the ground moist.
One of the exciting parts of the garden is the lovely blooms.  The bees were very busy this morning doing their job but it makes me a bit anxious as I weed.
A zucchini and pepper.
Another thing growing here is Aidric.  He is growing big and healthy and loves to talk with me.  He is a bit of a mommy's boy which I find quite surprising with all the attention others try to give him, he is quite particular to me.  He has been such a fun baby but my... he also has very good lungs and isn't afraid to let his voice be heard.  One moment we'll be laughing and playing then his tummy gets very hard and he gets very upset.   His baby gas drops seem to help.  I am thinking he might be sensitive to certain foods, because I nurse I have been trying to figure out those foods by eliminating certain foods from my diet.  I really enjoy milk and chocolate which tend to be the biggest problems for some babies, so I have been having a hard time eliminating those from my diet.  But when his tummy gets real hard and he begins to wail it encourages me to be more diligent.  Every child is so unique that there is no way to generalize what works for all babies.  They are all a bit of a puzzle we get the privilege to find the big picture.  
He is telling me quite the story here.
"She is so funny."

Well, I hope you are all enjoying your summer.  God bless and have a great day.

Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Aidric is SOOO cute. He looks like Cassie in the last photo. He also looks like David's mini! Haha! Your garden is always amazing, Alicia! Glad everything and everyone is growing there!!

    Love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.