family photo

family photo

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Painting

I'm not sure why but I tend to do large projects when David is away.  David and Alex went on a trip and I suddenly got the project bug.  I walked by a paint counter at the store and felt it calling my name.  I went over and browsed and was inspired.  That was in the afternoon and by 10:00 that night I had my paint bought and the room prepped and decided to see what I could accomplish.  I wanted to surprise David so I started right in.  He was only gone a couple days so I hit it.   My projects are not without their ups and downs and the streaking on the trim almost sent me over the edge but Grandpa Bill came to the rescue and  with advise from my mom we fixed the problem.  Then between Latisha, Grandpa Bill and myself we were able to get three rooms painted in less then 24 hours, and that was including rest time for a little sleep in the night.  The next day I was painted out and my mom did some touch ups while I did a little shopping for a couple decorative pieces and some curtains.  My dad came and hung the curtains.  Then we finished hanging a couple more things and I picked David and Alex up at the airport at 11:00 p.m.  Crazy but fun. When they came home they walked right pass the painted dining room, saw the curtains and said they were nice.  I turned on the light in the dining room and they were quite impressed.  Then I took them to the girls bath and they went wow.  Next I took them our bathroom and David was a quite surprised and a little concerned about how much painting I had done.  He loved it and my surprise was a success.  It so needed to be done.  There is quite a bit more painting we need to do but it was a good start.  Hope you enjoy the pictures.  Have a wonderful day.

Alicia
getting the bathroom prepped

these are the only before pictures I took

here are the after in the master bath

other side master bath

dining room

girls bath

other side.  

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! It all looks fantastic!!! Your house is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.