family photo

family photo

Friday, November 4, 2011

A Thankful Heart

"a grateful heart is a thankful heart.  I'm glad for what I have that is an easy place to start." Veggie Tales.  That is the song that Danika had stuck in her head yesterday.  What a word or encouragement she gave me without even knowing it.  She had the song stuck in her head and couldn't remember all the words.  This caused me to figure out the words and focus on them.  Straight from God, through the mouth of my child to me.  Things just don't always go the way we hope or think they should.  But in the midst of sad times, disappointments, sickness, and/or confusion may our hearts and minds be focused on God.  First may I say I am so thankful for my Lord and Savior, the one who knows everything about me and still loves me.  My husband who loves me and works hard to provide for our family.  My children who are such a blessing in my life.  My parents who take time to be there and help.  My siblings who support me.  My friends and family who are encouraging.  The ministries I'm involved in:   Bright Lights, Stars, Marriage group, and kids church, which ministers to me as much as I to them.  My church which strives to encourage our whole family in spiritual growth.  My Country which was founded on Biblical principles and allows us freedoms other countries only dream of.  With a grateful heart to God who provided all the above may we focus on the things we are truly thankful for.
Psalm 107:1  O Give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good:  for his mercy endureth for ever.
Here are a couple pictures to hopefully bring a smile to your day.
Isabella loves the hair brush, but no this is not a chew toy.

Happy girl

The cat kept swatting at the birds that were flying outside

so Cassandra tried to explain things to her.
Colossians 3:15  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.