family photo

family photo

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bring in the Band

This weekend I got to join David on a quick business trip.  We were able to spend a little bit of time with friends we hadn't seen in a while.  It was nice.  Wish we had had time to see more friends. On our trip we went to a seafood buffet.  I don't know if it is that I am getting older or what, but an all you can eat buffet is just not what it used to be. I filled my plate once with wonderful food and proceeded to the dessert and was full.  No, I mean really full.  I find it funny that I could not sample more food the way I used to.  I was kind of bummed and felt shorted on getting my money worth.  That is a sad part of buffets is you can't bring home left overs.  :)  But I thought it wise to listen to my stomach and stop eating.  I guess it is just one of those weird things to do with aging.  I have been discovering several of those weird things lately.  It gets old to hear "that is normal for a person your age."  What is that?   I really don't think I am that old but apparently my body has its own opinion.  

Last night I took Danika and Sierra to a concert at the college my son attends.  We got all dressed up and discussed proper manners.  I was sad to see that more people do not take advantage of these concerts.  This one was free too.  They would probably get a better turn out if they advertised or at least had a schedule on their web site.  My son finally brought me a schedule, so now I can see all the upcoming music events.  The concert was great and the girls were in awe of the music.  Danika sat next to me her feet bouncing to the music.  Sierra is learning the flute and loved seeing them perform.  What a wonderful way to expose the girls to the music world.  We  got to see the concert band, men's choir, and the women's choir.  So I woke this morning singing "Job, Job"  by Stephen Hatfield.  I also really enjoyed "Magnificat" by Z. Randall Stroope.  Wow, some of the soloist were just amazing!  We enjoyed the whole concert.   What a blessing to live so close to a Christian University.

Thought I would include a couple silly pictures of my little tornado.  She loves to take out the toys in her box every morning during Bible.  At least she is quiet during Bible.



Cassie wanted a picture too.
God bless and have a great day.  Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.