family photo

family photo

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Let the sewing begin.

First let me update on my garden.  It is doing good.  I have a strange effect on tomatoes.  They grow huge.  I'm not sure why but they do.  People show me their tomato plants and they are cute and full of tomatoes.  My plants are huge and produce little fruit.  So I give it a trim here and there but it just keeps on growing.  My strawberries are doing better.  I actually have a couple watermelon after a delayed start and we have been eating spaghetti squash, zucchini, lettuce, cucumber, beans, and corn.  Very fun. 
My first Christmas pj project.
So now the sewing begins. Christmas eve for the past 16 years, except one, I have made Christmas pjs for our family. A couple days ago I began the cutting out task. Cutting out the pattern is my least favorite part of the job. It requires much time and space and I sure do make a mess. But I finished getting all 8 pj's cut out today. I enjoy being creative and each year I try to make the jammies a little different. Some years they are cuter then others but the kids love opening their presents and I love us all matching. The job has gotten a lot larger over the years but so has the help. We have two sewing machines and I will, at times, have one daughter on each machine as I pin and press and they sew. We can get a lot done together. I really wanted to get the pjs cut out before school started so I am glad to have it done. It is always a walk in patience going to the store to get the material. Searching, brain storming and standing in line. Then getting everything to go with it and standing in line again. It surprises me how time consuming it gets. I don't think the line behind me really appreciates it when it is my turn and I ask for 26 yards of fabric. Then I get the question of "what are you doing with all this fabric?" It is fun.  Well, I hope you are all having a blessed day.  God bless.
Alicia

laying out the fabric and pressing it.  I'm grateful for enough room to lay it all out.

trying to figure out how to make it all fit

Yeah, I made it with just a little fabric left.


Last years pjs.  I can't wait to see how they turn out this year.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.