family photo

family photo

Monday, August 8, 2011

Home again Home again

Another exciting week at our home.  I guess it actually started over a week ago.  I don't know how many times we have had sicknesses before we take a trip but we did again.  A week ago last Thursday my two oldest took off for Fine Arts.  They had competed in drama and music and made it to National Fine Arts in Arizona.  They left just in time because things went crazy here.   Cassandra woke up a little slow.  She said she didn't feel well and just laid on the couch and fell asleep.  It was a long day as she came in and out of sleep with her temperature rising.  It reached 103.2 and I was beginning to get quite concerned.  I had given her some medicine earlier but she threw it up.  Now I gave her more and just rubbed her head as I applied a cool rag.  I kept checking her temperature and finally it came down to 101.  The next day she spent throwing up and the fever was still there.  Saturday she was doing better but now Isabella began to throw up.  We were leaving Tuesday for our vacation and I was afraid we would have to back out of it.  But by Tuesday every thing seemed fine.  So off we went. 

here we are at my Aunt and Uncles.  They have such a beautiful home and lovely yard.
We stopped first at my Grandparents.  It was so great to see them.   We also got to stop at one of my favorite restaurants, Mama Inez, and get Crab and Shrimp burrito.  Then we went to my Aunt and Uncles to stay the night.  Well, Isabella apparently wasn't all better so she threw up all over my aunts carpet and myself.  Now what do we do?  Turn back?  Nope.  Onward we went to the reunion.  It takes a lot to keep us away.  Danika got a bit sick, then it was my turn.  But I was very thankful that David and Sierra didn't get sick. 

here are some of the kids with David's Aunt and Uncle

Our small family at Yellowstone.

Cassie and smores once again
The reunion was nice.  We were in Island park and went up to Yellowstone for the day.  Seeing family is always fun.  It is so great to see people you haven't seen in years.  Then to see those who were single last time you saw them are now married and have children.  Life just keep going on and on.  This wasn't our biggest reunion but I am thankful for all who were able to make it and for David's cousin who planned the whole thing. 
Here we are with my parents and my grandma. (and a little cousin sneaked in :))

After that we were able to stop at my dad's side of the family reunion.  What a blessing that they were both geographically close and dates side by side.  But we were tired.  It was good to see more family.  David's grandparents have 7 surviving kids and my grandparents have 7 kids.  So both reunions are good sized.  It is sad that less then half the family can make it to the reunions but I am thankful for the family we have and so glad to see the ones that could make it. 

On our way home we were able to stop and see some old friends we haven't seen in years.  They look great and it was so good to talk to them.  They were very inspiring to us in the Lord many years ago.  When we first moved from our home town they were so wonderful to befriend us and encourage us in the Lord. 

Well, now summer is almost over and we're looking forward to another school year ready to begin.  Such big choices for my son as he has now chosen a college and a degree.  I'm glad that he will be attending a Christian College in our area and so he will be able to stay here.   I hope you are all having a great summer.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.