family photo

family photo

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Winter Additions



Winter this past year was full of much excitement and craziness.  Our house was full and activities rolled right along.

Shortly after Thanksgiving, David and I were going for a drive with Alex and Ivy.  We were headed to a couples get together at Brent and Latisha's.  Ivy handed me a bag of popcorn and said something like - maybe we could use this tonight.  On the bag was a piece of paper announcing that Ivy was going to pop next summer with their second baby.  I was so thrilled.  We all were.  They asked that we keep quiet about it for a couple weeks, which we did, but it was hard. It was very thrilling.

Brent and Latisha had asked me to take their family photos for their Christmas card.  We had a great time and got some amazing pictures.  I didn't want to try to get everyone organized for our own family photo, so I thought we would just take a casual picture after dinner since we were all together. But I was outvoted and am thrilled that we decided to plan another day for family photos.  They turned out wonderful.  Alex and Ivy do photography as a side business and let's just say the pictures they took of our family turned out much more professional looking then the ones I took of Brent and Latisha (although for an amateur, they turned out ok).  Alex staged us, a friend of ours snapped the shot then Ivy and Alex edited them.  It is so nice to have photographer in the family.





The pictures I took of Brent and Latisha's family, still adorable.



 I should have added this to my fall post, but I was late for date night and couldn't keep my handsome hubby waiting, so posted what I had and will add this now.  Just before Thanksgiving Sierra and Christian decided it was time to pursue a relationship.  Christian asked David for his blessing and they became a couple.  They are getting to know each and have grown so much the past few months.  We will see where God takes this adorable couple. Christian is very kind, sweet, and respectful man. I am proud of the way they put Christ first and seek him at every step.
Christian, Sierra, and Danika going to the Christmas homeschool cotillion.


making their first house together
When Alex and Ivy moved in June 2018, they stayed in an apartment for a while until they purchased a home.  The home they bought did not have a back yard and it was too late to put one in.  During that time we got to puppy sit this adorable dog.  "Jack, Jack," as Aidric calls him was such a fun addition to the family.
 Christmas came hard and fast this year.  There was so much going on.  Brent and Latisha had decided to build a new home.  God has truly blessed them and they were able to upsize.  They sold their home and moved in with us while their new home was being built.  Our dinner table was full, but we are so thankful for the home that God has blessed us with, that we had room for them when they moved in.  Aidric and August shared a room and became more like brothers than uncle and nephew.
Sierra, myself and Danika hosting a table at our church's Christmas tea.

Christmas service at our church
Once again we hosted Christmas Eve festivities and our children, spouses and their inlaws were all able to join us.  There was food, singing, food, laughter, food, games, food and of course the kids acted out the Christmas story.
Sierra played the piano, Danika the violin, Brent, the guitar, and Jaden (Brents bother) the cajon.  Alex and Ivy had a Christmas Eve service at their own church and joined us later. 

So fun to have us all in our Christmas pj's, as the kids continue this tradition with their own families.

Christmas day
 Next thing we knew it was Christmas eve.  Christian lives a couple hours away but was able to join us for the quiet festivities and I am pretty sure Aidric has adopted him and feels he is his own friend. Christian is a trooper and is awesome with our large and sometimes loud family.
guys vs

girls for a game of Code Names
Christian assisted the kids in building a real fort.

doing a little school in the fort

 It had been about 10 years since I had gone skiing.  Once again time sure flies by.  It is hard to ask anyone who is not family that lives with us to take care of Isabella, but I have an amazing mom who took her for the day and I was able to take the kids up on the hill. When I go somewhere Sierra or Danika take care of Isabella but I really wanted us to all go together.  I wasn't sure how I would do but I just stayed on the bunny hill and taught Aidric.  It was a blast.  It was Aidric's first time on the hill and I had so much fun teaching him and reliving moments of teaching my other kids to ski.
The kids having fun
Aidric and I on the chair lift.


lots of buddy time for August and Aidric
 As part of our Christmas present David really has been wanting to take a snowmobile trip.  I am not a real thrill seeker and something about snowmobiles terrifies me, but I agreed to go and we had a great time.


In January Weston turned 2.  Crazy how fast the last couple years have gone but he is growing up big and strong and my heart just melts when he calls me Grandma.
 In February the tables were turned and the college had their formal activity. It was a guy ask girls event.  Christian asked Sierra and they had a wonderful time.
Night one

Sierra was running a bit behind so I staged some fun photos

night two. 



 Well, this has been a long post, and if you are still reading let's finish off with Valentine's day.  Having a full house means lots of love around.  We celebrated with our normal pink chocolate chip pancakes, heart shaped pizza for lunch, and chicken Cordon Bleu with chocolate cake for dessert.
Brinley is such a sweetie and growing so adorable



Well, next us is spring.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day. God Bless

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.