family photo

family photo

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Spring Getaway




Spring is birthday season in our home.  It is one party after another and as much as I try to simplify, it still is a busy time.  It is a good busy, celebrating life and the lives of those I adore.  So, on now to spring.
my birthday celebration and offspring present.

Aidric had a lego party


We celebrated 29 years of marriage
Isabella's traditional birthday party.

Danika turned sweet 16!!! 
I have been blessed with some wonderful friends and one of my dear friends is expecting her 11th baby.  I have had the joy of knowing her and seeing her go through six of those pregnancies.  We became friends because our oldest sons played soccer together.  She has since had six and I have had three more children during our friendship and she still remains one of my greatest encouragers.  I am so thankful for her and her commitment to teaching and raising her children for the Lord.
here we are with part of our tribe
These are our oldest sons-oldest sons. Our grandsons. It was fun to take them
 to the zoo like we used to their dads. 
Cassandra and Aidric made and raced their derby cars.  They both did great and Aidric actually took first in his division.
My husband, my dad, my grandpa, my son and my daughter
As part of my birthday present my girls took me to have my toes done.  We all got pedicures, it was so much fun.
Latisha, Danika, Me and Sierra.
Next up was Easter.  We had a great time dying eggs and only a few were cracked.  I have found using a table cloth helps relieve some anxiety. :)
Add caption
Easter morning, Isabella and Sierra doing the egg hunt

Brent, August, Brinley and Latisha
Then after a great dinner we had an egg hunt at our home.
Aidric was ready

Weston was adorable, he is getting the hang of this

We took some fun family photos
Then we had dessert and celebrated Sierra and Danika''s birthdays
Sierra has been collecting tea cups for a while, so Latisha and Ivy planned and put together an amazing afternoon tea.  The boys went to wild wings and we did the girlie thing.  It was so good.
Lots of fun yummy fu fu food

so fun. 
With the weather warming up we set up our fire and enjoyed hot dogs
and smores

Sierra had fun making a cake for Christians birthday.  He is five days younger
and it is a source of fun teasing. 
Alex and Ivy got to take a fun baby moon.  With the birth of the baby around the corner they got away for a fun trip.  We got to keep Weston for a few days and he loved school time.

Latisha and Brent also took the opportunity to take a trip in honor of their 5th anniversary.  They packed up their kiddos and braved the long flight to the UK, where they visited England, Scotland, and Ireland.  They had an amazing time. 


Then it was our turn to take a spring trip.  Our first stop was Crater Lake.  We were there in time to still enjoy a little snow.  It was absolutely beautiful and a wonderful getaway
From there we headed to the coast and stayed at a rental house in Lincoln City.  It was a peaceful time.
One evening the girls and I decided to take a sunset stroll on the beach.  I got some beautiful pictures. 




We also got to visit a local lighthouse were Aidric became an official junior ranger.  



The next day David decided to take me on a morning "little" hike.  Google did not get us to the right place but thankfully some blogger out there gave better directions and we found the spot.  Had we paid attention we would have noticed the little hike path but we didn't see that and went on a two hour hike.  Once to the top we discovered the way we were supposed to go and made it back down in 20 minutes.  I am glad we took the "wrong" path because we saw some amazing foliage. 

made it to the top, so beautiful.  It overlooked the ocean and city
Once we got back, we quickly showered and took the kids on some more adventures.  First stop was a beautiful Garden
Cassandra and Isabella

Sierra and Danika
Then we went to some tide pools where we watch some very aggressive little crabs and saw lots of fun sea life.
The girls were adorable

so cute
Finally we headed home and the last stop was the Multnomah Falls, always a fun stop and we even climbed to the bridge.


Our spring was busy, fun and exciting.  I hope you all had a great spring too.  God bless you all. 

Alicia





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.