family photo

family photo

Monday, July 15, 2019

Been a While

This is the first day for a very long time I felt I had a moment to look at my blog.  I was quite amazed to see that it has been over a year since I posted anything. I guess I have put it on the back burner wondering why I blog, but I have missed it and was blessed to see many of you keep checking in on me, even with my lack of posting. My how time flies, and that might tell you how my last year went.  A year full of adventure, ups and downs, and everything in between.  But also a year full of God's faithfulness.

Live is full of seasons of life so I guess that is how I shall update on our family, one season at a time. Let's start where we left off.
 In August we had David's birthday party.  It has been so nice to have Alex and Ivy close by so they can make it to family events.  The boys had matching shirts and so it was a photo opportunity that was challenging to say the least but aren't they adorable.
 School started a bit ahead.  I have wanted to stay on Sierra's college schedule.  We started a bit before her so that we could end our semester when she did.  Cassandra and Aidric were very excited to be in soccer again.  David coached and they had a lot of fun.


Sierra is now attending a local Christian College.  It has been wonderful to still have her at home where she continues to be a blessing and huge help with Isabella.  In the fall they have an activity called TWIRP, which is a girl ask guy event.  This year the theme was Lion King.  Sierra decided to invite a young man she had met at the homeschool banquet who happened to be attending the same college. 
This is the poster she made to ask him. She cut it up into a puzzle for him to put together


This is how he responded.  (It is not a dance, but it still worked)

As part of their fees they got coordinating shirts
One night was dress in a movie theme

The next night was more formal



 This year Aidric started Junior Bible Quiz.  He did amazing.  He has done so good in school that I put him in first grade.  Since he is in first grade we started him a year early in Bible quiz. He did amazing and had a wonderful time.

 David and I also got to take a little get away to Seattle to see my brother.  We had a wonderful time exploring the sights and spending time together.
We went to a college football game, although I didn't even know who the Huskeys were.  I do now
We took the clipper to Victoria and explored the city, botanical gardens.  and had a wonderful afternoon tea!!!
I love doing all of the above and it was an amazing day.  The whole trip was a great get away and I am so blessed to be able to take trips with my husband


 November brought a little sorrow for us as my 95 year old grandmother passed away.  It was a sad time but the joy of knowing she is with our Lord and out of all her pain and problems brings peace.  Grandma and Grandpa had just celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary at the first of the year.  A lovely legacy.  They had two daughters and five grandkids.  All the family was able to attend the funeral, so special.
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption
 Cassandra and Aidric had their first Junior Bible Quiz match of the season.  Cassandra did very well this year.  She generally took first in the matches and enjoyed herself.  With it being Aidric's first year she was an amazing help in getting him ready for the matches and learning the questions.



 November also brought Thanksgiving and a wonderful time with family.  Latisha had got together fun projects for the kids and we had so much fun together, eating, playing, creating and making memories.



That about covers fall.  I will post soon of our winter.  God bless you all.

Alicia



2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    That invitation and the response are so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was so fun. Good to be back. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.