family photo

family photo

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Family Reunion

It had been a couple years since our family was able to make it to the annual family reunion on my dad's side.  My dad comes from a family of 7 kids and in the past the family reunions have been quite large.  Unfortunately as the years go by fewer and fewer of us are able to make it to the reunions.  This year was small but it was still nice to be able to see those who could make it.  My grandma was there and just keeps getting more and more petite every year.  She is still just adorable although she has slowed down quite a bit and is forgetful.  Grandma still has her hair up and gets it done every week.  I just love her.

There were a couple cousins there that I haven't seen in several years.  One I haven't seen for probably over 15 years and now he is all grown up with his own little girl.  I talked to him but I wondered if he even knew who I was.  Then there was my youngest cousin, who is actually a year younger then Alex.  They grew up together and were good friends even though we only got together once or twice a year.  Family is fun and it is a shame that it is so hard to get everyone together.  I understand, because we haven't been able to make the last couple years.  What a blessing it is to get together and watch our families grow.  The weather was lovely and we had a great time playing volleyball.  Hope your weekend was lovely.  God bless

Alicia


some of our family watching the festivities 
Cassandra was so happy to win won of the prizes.  I beautiful quilt
my aunt made.  She slept with it that night
Aidric also got a gift from our TF friends whose house we stayed at
on our way to the region.  This huge Thomas train tent.  He
was thrilled and even spent the night in it.  

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.