family photo

family photo

Thursday, August 25, 2016

And They're Off

Off to the races, that is what it feels like here.  We have started school and have eight days behind us,  headed for lap 9 of 170 of them.  No, I am not counting down, it is just so amazing to watch the days tick on and next thing you know they are starting a new school year.  There is something so special about getting back into the swing of the school year.

Each year I keep surprising myself as I open up a book with the new grade curriculum for each child, "really, is this how old they are now."  Sierra is now a junior, and our time with her is quickly going by.  Surely, she won't sneak out of the house as fast as Alex and Latisha did but if so, wow!  This will be a new adventure for her as she is taking a college course.  Sierra is considering going to college and this will give her a glimpse into college.  She only attends class for a couple of weeks then the rest is mostly on line, but it is still a new adventure.

We opted out of homeschool coop this year.  It just seemed like last year was such a struggle to stay caught up in our lessons.  Danika really enjoyed coop but is filling her time with more youth activities.  This is her second year in youth, yep, there went another sigh for this mama.  Cassandra started school the day the books came in the mail.  I had to stop her until I was ready but now she is a bit ahead and she loves that.  She is such a go getter.  Aidric is thrilled to be doing daily preschool lessons.  It is totally not necessary but he insists.  He wants his school time too.  I am so thrilled to watch him saying his abc's and now counting into the 20's.  He tries so hard to keep up with the big kids.

Our sad time came with Isabella's "school."  We have had an amazing friend, Alli, come for the past year to work with Isabella.  She is starting her own school and will not be able to work with Isabella except for a little here and there.  Alli, will be greatly missed by all of us but especially Isabella who runs around the house with such joy when Alli shows up.  I tried to really down play her moving on because I really am hopeful she can still come occasionally and am really excited for her next adventure, but there was definitely a little sadness as we sad goodbye today.  Cassandra on the other hand tried to keep making it like she was never coming back.  Alli, I so wish you the best and a huge thanks for your help and love for Isabella.    (Alli, if you read this focus on your school and no worries about us. :) )

For me, life is good and I love teaching my children.  I am so blessed to be able to educate my kiddos and look forward to this next year with great expectations.  Things are busy as we get back into the swing of things, but I love the schedule and watching my kids learn.  Have a great day and God bless.

Alicia


Aidric with a sample of his hard work! Doesn't he look so proud?
Isabella showing off her new braces.
Cassandra with her books
Sierra took a selfie before she left for her class.

8 comments:

  1. back to school time can be so fun, and I love Aidrics little grin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Everyone has grown up while I was "away."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It is amazing how fast everyone is growing! Homeschooling is such a blessing - I'm looking forward to those days :) Best wishes for this school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will be awesome at it some day, not so far away.

      Delete
  4. Such cute pictures! We love the school year too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.