family photo

family photo

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Rhubarb, Camping and Surprise

So much fun and good things going on.  Let's start with Rhubarb.  I like baking with rhubarb.  My husband loves eating it straight from the garden, not something I really care for but when it come to baking it I enjoy finding good recipes.  I thought I would pinterest and see if I could find a rhubarb muffin recipe.  I sure did, several.  The one I made had sour cream and cinnamon and was amazing.  While I was there, I saw a recipe for rhubarb coffee cake with nutmeg, why not, I gave it a try.  That was amazing!  We had some left, froze it,  and were able to take it on our camping trip with us.  Of course I had to make some strawberry/rhubarb jam and some strawberry rhubarb crisp.  We have been blessed with an abundance of rhubarb and I have really enjoyed making fun things with it.

Rhubarb is easy to transplant.  I had a very healthy plant but wanted more.  So, I took my shovel and dug into the middle of my rhubarb plant and split that in two and planted the two pieces.  They both made new plants and now I have an abundance of rhubarb.  Such fun, I just wanted to share.

As I mentioned above, we took a lovely camping trip, the first of the season for us.  Brent, Latisha and August decided to take a trip the same weekend.  They wanted to go on their first solo trip.   The weather outlook was not good, so we had a limited area we felt might be nice for the weekend.  We packed up, headed out, met my parents at the campground, signed in, and guess who happened to be there already set up, Brent, Latisha and August.  The first place they went to was already full so they headed down a little farther to where Brent's Bachelor party was held, and it just happened to be where we went.  It was so funny, they did try to have their own trip but it was fun to see them and we talked them into joining us for a sight seeing trip.  So surprise,  but that is not the surprise I am excited to share with you soon.  We have some very exciting news that I am looking forward to sharing, just a little teaser for now.  I will be posting more soon.  Have a great day and God bless.
Alicia

My parents getting a warm fire going

The kids enjoying the playground

ah, dinner

Aidric loved roasting hotdogs and marshmallows

How many kids can a swing hold

We went to a fish hatchery and saw pelicans


The kids enjoyed feeding the fish

Such f


Thousand springs park

lots of beautiful waterfalls, here, Cassandra and her cousin pose

At the park there was a neat old barn

from the top of the barn we had a great view of the some of the falls




Danika, Sierra and I went on the trail to even more falls


worth the short walk

The water literally comes right out of the mountain


the rhubarb muffins
rhubarb coffee cake
strawberry rhubarb jam




3 comments:

  1. I've been looking forward to a post :) Oh I love all those smiling faces! I miss you all and can't wait to see you soon! Looks like a very fun camping trip. And very yummy treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat & fun! Can't wait to hear your surprise! Sorry I went missing! Lol I love seeing your pics & hearing your stories. Our laptop had to be fixed. Great to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures mom thanks for sharing, now I just need to remember to get a part of that rhubarb plant from you :D

    Latisha Walter :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.