family photo

family photo

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Moving Day

Alexander and Ivy decided it was time to purchase a home.  I totally agree with home ownership.  The wonderful thing about a home is if you take care of it, it will appreciate.  They looked around for a while and God opened the door for this wonderful home.  It is on a good sized lot (great for youth gatherings) and the home is roomy with three bedrooms, two baths (perfect for grand babies :)).

They decided to paint the inside before they moved in.  I asked them to take before during and after pictures so I could feel a part.  Alex said, "Mom, why don't you just come here with Jim and Vicky (Ivy's parents)."  That just didn't feel very nice to intrude so I pushed the idea aside.  David came home from work and said "ya know, one of us should go with Jim and Vicky and help them move."  I said that was funny that was the same thing Alex said.  David said "you should go."  I still didn't feel right about intruding on Jim and Vicky's time with the kids but David called and ok it with them and well, I got to go.

It was so fun to help them paint their last room and move into their new home.  I was so excited for them.  I wish I could have stayed longer.  There is just so much to do with a new home and I get very inspired with projects like that.  We got them all moved in and the majority of the boxes unpacked in one day with help from some of the church members.

The yard had been neglected so Vicky and I took Ivy to a couple stores to see what she would like for her yard.  I could have gone crazy with buying plants and trees.  I enjoy all that, but  I stepped back and will let them do with their yard what they like.  So, we got them started with the essentials, like hoses, sprinklers, weed and feed, a shovel, etc.  The next morning I couldn't stop thinking about the yard.  I sat down, drew out an idea, and went to church with them.

Church was awesome.  I really enjoy hearing Alexander lead worship.  I feel so blessed as he leads everyone in worship to our Savior.  He is truly gifted.  Then it was back in the car and home again.  A short trip but worth it.  Oh, yes, I also got to meet our first grand puppy.  What a wonderful yellow lab.  They named him Jack Ruger.  He is so sweet and mild.  Perfect for them and their busy kitty, Nala.  It was a great trip.  Thank you Jim and Vicky for letting me come along with you.

Here are a couple pictures.  Have a blessed day.
Alicia



The front of their cute home
The living room




Alexander and Jack
First meal in their new home

Alexander leading worship

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to go there and see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad you were able to come join us for move-in weekend! There is no way you could ever intrude - you are always welcome! We love having you here and we are so thankful for all your awesome help! Thank you also for the beautiful blanket - so special :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are so hospitable. You are welcome, I really enjoyed making the blanket

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.