family photo

family photo

Thursday, January 7, 2016

My Present

The holidays have once again come and gone.  It really was a nice peaceful holiday season.  My shopping was done early, we had a couple fun parties, and the best part was to being together as a family to celebrate the reason for the season, Jesus birth.  It was so nice to have things to do but I didn't have that overwhelming feeling and that was good.  I think we are learning our limits and turned down a couple invites because we just needed to.  I hope no one was offended but sometimes you just need to know your limits.  Of course as I say that I am about to share a couple posts from some of the fun activities we did do, which were not a few, but we stayed within our limits.

A couple months, before Christmas, my loving husband came up with a great idea.  He planned to redo my craft room.  I wish I had a before picture but it was quite a mess.  My children like to share my craft room and they don't always put away their projects.  David emptied out my room over a month before Christmas, and began his plan.  My only input was the color of paint.  It took him right up to the week of Christmas before he had it all done.  I was not allowed to see anything until Christmas morning.  Christmas morning after all the presents had been opened, David took me to the craft room door.  It had a big bow and a card on the door.  The card was a beautiful letter of his appreciation for all I do for the family and all the things I make, including all those yearly pajamas.  It totally choked me up and all the family that had gathered around.  I then got to open the door and see all the work he had done to give me a room for my crafts and sewing.  So much work went into this room and I am so happy with it.  David is so good at organizing things and everything is in a logical neat place, just absolutely perfect.  What a blessed wife I am.  One nice part is to have my sewing machine setup and ready to use as needed.  I also have my grandma's sewing machine in the room that can be used as a desk when not needed.

It is all so special and such a very thoughtful gift.  Thank you so much my love.  I'll share more later but for now here are a few pictures of the room.  God bless and have a blessed day.
Alicia

looking in.  He even got wall decor 

New shelves and drawers to keep things organized.  Everything has a place

Me and my faithful 25 year old sewing machine, ready to do some work.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.