family photo

family photo

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Fridays

David and I have date night during the week, so Friday nights are "family night."  Really we have several family nights here and there throughout the week but Friday nights are special.  Generally Brent, Latisha and August come over and sometimes David's or my parents will join us.  We started this as a night to have Brent and Latisha over once a week and the night varied based on Brent's school schedule.  We have settled on Friday and that works nicely.

I love having my family together in the evenings. One of the perks of homeschooling is we get all or our school work done during the day and our evenings are open quite frequently.  We have cut back quite a bit on organized sports because it really made life crazy.  We do those things sparingly.  It is such a blessing to have our dinner as a family, the little ones get baths, then we play games or watch a family friendly movie.  I can hardly watch network tv anymore.  Even the commercials appall me, and the shows aren't much better.  We choose from Netflix, but that still must be done with caution.  

Sometimes we will get out a family video and yes, we are Duggar and Bates fans, so sometimes we will watch one of their episodes.  For Christmas one year David got me a couple 19 Kids and Counting seasons on dvd, when I opened the first dvd I started to cry, I am sure it was mostly from hormones, because I was pregnant.  The Duggar's had been a huge encouragement to me in my early home schooling and we really enjoy the Bates family also.  

Friday nights are just a bonus because we have our little grand baby, daughter and son in law over.  I am asked the question several times during the day, "Are Brent and Latisha coming over tonight?"  And if no one is seriously ill, then it is generally a go.  Then the question is "Are we playing a game or watching a movie?"  Most kids have an opinion so Dad has the final say.  

We are blessed with time together and wish Alex and Ivy could be here.  I was trying to think of a way we could Skype them into a game but haven't quite figured it out yet.  I encourage all families to spend time together, playing games is a wonderful way.  Here are a couple pictures from our last Friday.  God bless and have a great day.
Alicia 

The Boys in matching pjs
so cute, for some reason Aidric loves his new toothpaste
My lovely five daughters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.