family photo

family photo

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Awards

I teach in our Girls Ministry at our church.  Throughout the years I have taught several age group.  I got a degree in Early childhood education, but I think I actually enjoy teaching the older ones a bit more.   I have now taught all but one of the clubs.

Last year I taught the Rainbows (preschool) age, but this year I am teaching the 6-8th grade girls.  It is a fun change, but I don't think I work off near the amount of calories.  A few years ago Ivy and I taught the Bright Lights Group at my home and one year we held it for the summer when Ivy was home from college.  We had a wonderful time and I love and highly recommend the Bright Lights. ministry  So, working with this age group I find myself referring back to some of our old discussions from Bright Lights.  This is such a pivotal time in these girls lives, where so many moral and spiritual decisions are made.  It is a great age to teach and I pray I can be a positive influence in their lives.

The girls earn awards for each unit they complete.  In the younger clubs they get badges but at this age they earn charms.  It is a challenge to make sure many of the girls complete all the requirements for each charm.  You definitely find out which girls are goal oriented and which are not.  Unfortunately the ones that are not, seem a little sad when they don't earn all their charms.  Hopefully the awards ceremony inspires and encourages.

A long post to get to some cute pictures.  I am proud of my girls and their hard work in this area.  Have a great day.
Alicia
Isabella's class

Cassandra getting her awards

Danika getting hers

Sierra got hers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.