family photo

family photo

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Friendship

Through the years I have been blessed with some very close friends, friends that I never want to lose contact with.  When David and I did a premarital counseling, way back when, my temperament analysis said that I am the type of person that would lose contact with people and not care.  That is not me.  I may have misunderstood the results or maybe I answered the questions wrong but I do not like to lose contact of those close to me.

Thirty-Five years ago, my mom came home to tell me about this girl she had just met that had moved into the house down the street.  She wanted me to go over and meet her.  This was a bit out of my comfort zone but my mother persisted and I did it.  The girl was to be my friend for life and beyond. Her name was Tami which is my sister's name so we would refer to her as TamiB.   I am so thankful that her parents chose to move to my neighborhood.

Growing up, the church we attended preached frequently about the rapture.  I would have night mares about it.  I had shared with my new friend about the rapture and quite honestly scared to her to salvation.  I have heard it preached that this kind of soul saving doesn't work, but in this case it did.  Tami loves Lord and I am so blessed that we grew up together.  We had our ups and downs in our Christian walk growing up, but we were there to encourage each other in the Lord.  For that I am truly thankful.

As we got older, got married, had children and moved away it became hard to keep in contact.  It has been 5 years since the last time we got together.  When we get together we still have a strong friendship.  The other day, after trying to find a time all summer that we could get together, she actually had an opportunity to come to my town.  How wonderful it was to spend the day with Tami and catch up.

I am so grateful for the friends that God has placed in my life.  There are many people that have encouraged me through the years and it is my desire to never lose contact with them.  My prayer is that some day in heaven we will spend eternity together and I look forward to meeting with you all there also.  God bless you my friends and family.

Alicia
  
Us then ....
...and now

Aidric's new hair cut
Aidric fishing at harvest festival
Isabella and Sierra were very successful at the cake walk
Danika helping Aidric
August, Brent and Latisha as "nerds"

2 comments:

  1. Alicia!!! It's been too long. Just checking in. I miss you, friend!!! You're a good friend to all!!!! I read about Isabella. Whatever the Lord has for her, I'm thankful she has parents who cherish her and care for her with unconditional love. She's precious! Miss you all. Life is crazy but I think of you so much. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, it is so good to hear from you, I miss you terribly my dear friend. Thank you so much for your love and encouragement. I pray all is well!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.