family photo

family photo

Saturday, October 24, 2015

October

Ohhh, the weather has cooled off, the leaves are in their bright and crimson colors, and my house is blessed with the scent of apples and cinnamon.  I do like this time of year.  I am afraid I am a fair weather girl.  I like all the seasons but I am most comfortable when the temperature is between 35 to 85.

I have been able to get some canning done.  My parents brought me some apples from my Grandma's tree.  Then my friend got ALOT of apples and I was able to take a small 160 pounds off her hands.  I haven't quite finished, but I got 16 qts apples and cinnamon, about 15 qts jelly, and 12 qt. applesauce. It puts a smile on my face.  And I have 4 more boxes left.  I still plan on a few pies, apple crisp and dehydrating some.

Next on my list is the start of Christmas pjs.  How exciting is that. I got 23 yards of material washed and some even pressed!  Latisha is coming over in a couple days and we plan on getting a lot done.  She is going to bring her new sewing machine, and I think I am more excited then her to check it out.

Today was fun.  We had Danika's soccer game and then decided to go grab some pumpkins to carve.  Latisha and Brent joined us and I got some baby time with my handsome grandson.  It is always so fun to watch little ones cleaning out the pumpkins.  Aidric was so excited to carve the pumpkin but lost interest after a couple minutes of cleaning his, and just wanted me to make a smilie face.  I tried to do a snowman, not sure it worked out.  Cassandra wanted a soccer ball, but it was a bit more then either of us could handle.  Isabella spent a couple minutes with me as I carved her a tradition pumpkin face then decided the swing more interesting.  We had fun and are happy with are results.

I hope you are all enjoying your fall.  God bless.
Alicia





ooooooo

a good start

2 comments:

  1. I SO look forward to your blog posts and pictures! It makes me feel more a part of the activities back home :) Fall time is so fun! I think I'm enjoying it even more this year since I get to share it with Alex.You amaze me with all you get accomplished - family traditions, major sewing projects, and so much canning! I often tell people you are superwoman :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivy, that is sweet. Definitely no superwoman! :) Just trying to do my best.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.