family photo

family photo

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Silly

I have to share a little story that will hopefully tickle your funny bone.  Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what I am doing that I forget what I am doing.  Have you ever been there?  I'm not a real baby food fan but for some reason that is how I generally begin feeding food to my kiddos.  At the dinner table I now sit in between my two youngest.  We enjoy our family meals and sometimes we get into some deep discussions.  At this particular dinner we were in a deep discussion but both Isabella and Aidric were not interested in their food.  I was trying to feed them both and put in my two cents into the conversation.  So, as I was talking, I cut off a piece of the burrito and fed it to the wrong child, Aidric.  I really didn't even realize what I had done until Latisha calmly said "Mom you just fed that to Aidric."  I thought "well of course I did, don't interrupt."  Then I looked at what I fed Aidric.  He sat there with his mouth wide open and burrito sticking out.  But there was a pleasant look on his face like "now that is more like it."  I quickly did the finger sweep much to his disappointment and got it out.  Well, I guess now he knows there is more out there than baby cereal.  The table errupted into laughter and I refocused.  It is the little things in life that can brighten up a dreary day and I really needed the comic relief.  God can use our mistakes for good if we let him.  Have a great day.

Alicia
the girls enjoying a tea party
  

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. Love hearing from you.